Do you know what reflexology is? Surely at some point you have heard about reflexology in Marbella or you know someone who has tried it. A particularly relaxing massage and can help relieve stress.
Although at first glance it may seem that it is a simple massage on the feet, hands or face; reflexology is a therapeutic technique with great benefits.
Do you want to discover how reflexology can help you in Marbella? I’ll tell you about it below.
What is reflexology?
Reflexology is a therapeutic technique based on the stimulation of points on the feet, hands or face. These points are called reflex zones, and by applying pressure on them it is possible to produce specific effects on other parts of the body.
Reflexology is one of the complementary medicines and, as such, it serves as a complement to medical treatments, but it should never replace medical recommendations and prescriptions.
The theory behind reflexology is that the areas of the foot correspond to organs and systems of the body. And the pressure applied in those areas generates relaxation and healing in the corresponding area of the body.
Reflexology helps reduce pain, stress, and anxiety.
Types of reflexology in Marbella
The techniques used to treat the different areas are:
- Auriculotherapy. It uses the pinna as a reflex zone for the whole body.
- Foot and Manual Reflexology are massage techniques that are applied to the feet and hands.
- Facial reflexology or also known as faciotherapy, massage techniques on the face. Although this is a rarely used technique.
Benefits of reflexology or reflexotherapy
Thanks to this ancient therapeutic technique, there are many benefits on our health that you can benefit from. The reason is that the set of pathologies and diseases that reflexology can treat is very broad.
- It stimulates blood and lymphatic circulation.
- Relieves pain, as reflexology has an analgesic effect.
- It produces a relaxing effect that helps eliminate stress and facilitates physical and mental relaxation.
- Boosts the immune system and the body’s self-healing potential.
- Helps eliminate toxins.
- Regulates the functioning of the body’s organs.
- Balances and restores energy levels.
- It has preventive therapy effects.
- Stimulates creativity, raises the level of vitality and improves mood.
- It is not contraindicated in adolescents, children, pregnant women and the elderly.